I’ve decided that my favorite recipes are those that contain ingredients that are almost always in my pantry. Trips to the grocery store are over-rated, but this Honey Lemon Ginger Chicken is not. Luckily we picked up some Vermont honey earlier today, and that completed everything I needed to make a delicious dinner.
2 boneless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic, minced
2 tsp. ground ginger
½ cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
zest from one lemon
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. Sautee in olive oil, salt, and pepper until cooked through.
2. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
3. Cook brown rice according to package directions.
4. Steam broccoli to desired texture.
5. Sautee minced garlic in pan until slightly roasted. Add remaining ingredients to pan except for green onions and cook down until slightly thickened.
6. Add chicken to pan and cook until heated through.